March 29, 2010
OK, we spent the workshop today putting the final show together. Lina and Rick shared the process they use to assemble a show, demonstrating it on the one for the class. Then it was the nitty-gritty of actually doing it all. Particular congratulations to Daryl Anderson, ToniRae Brotons, Emily Everson, and Jennifer Blades who at 12:30 were informed that they were doing duets and had them ready by the 6:00pm show under the brilliant guidance of the teaching team.
For anyone interested, here’s a link to the recording I made of the concert. (Unfortunately we were seated in front of the cafe area, so you also get the hum of the kitchen equipment.)
Here’s what people sang:
- Hooray for Love — Jennifer Blades
- Come In From the Rain / Why Did I Choose You ? – ToniRae Brotons / Darryl Anderson
- I Never Say Anything / My Superman– Chris Cochrane
- I’ll Get Up Tomorrow Morning — Christy Trapp
- All of My Life — Darryl Anderson
- Baby, You Can sleep While I Drive — Marianne Glass Miller
- When I Fall In Love — Elcindor Johnson
- It’s a Jungle Out There — Emily Everson
- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man — Jean McMahon
- Sleepy Man — Emily Everson & Jennifer Blades
- Yard Sale — Michael Miyazaki
- How Did We Come To This ? — Christy Frye
- On the Other Side of the Tracks — ToniRae Brotons
- Bye Bye Blackbird — Company
January 18, 2009
The amazing teacher / performer Lina Koutrakos and renown music director Rick Jensen bring their Cabaret Intensive workshop to town this coming weekend. The workshop features two public performances at Indigo at the Atlas Arts Center that promise to be incredibly entertaining events at amazing prices:
Lina Koutrakos in Concert — Saturday, January 24th, 8pm.
The NYTimes writes, “In her heated interpretations of classic torch songs sensitively accompanied on piano by Rick Jensen, Ms. Koutrakos implies that the war between Venus and Mars may have reached a stalemate. “
TWO FOR ONE DISCOUNT – Jan 24th 8 p.m. performance with LINA KOUTRAKOS
at The Indigo Room. 2 tickets for $20 ($10 food/drink minimum applies). Rick
Jensen, music director. Tim Schall opens the evening. Available at door, night
Participant Showcase — Sunday, January 25th, 7pm.
The terrific line-up of local talent participating in the Cabaret Intensive put on a show directed by Lina Koutrakos with music direction by Rick Jensen. Participants scheduled to appear include Debbie Barber-Eaton, Marilyn Bennett, Christy Frye, Emily Gleichenhaus Everson, Char James-Duguid, Justin Ritchie, Lonny Smith, Christy Trapp, and Steve Spar.
$10 available at the door. (Food/drink minimum applies).
Indigo at the Atlas Arts Center, 1333 H St, NE, Washington DC